Starting your morning with a healthy breakfast consisting of the delicious taste of apple pie without all those unhealthy fats and calories is definitely something to look forward to. Fortunately, that’s completely possible with this apple pie oatmeal recipe.
Sure enough, oats make for a healthy breakfast meal, but they can get boring really quickly. The good thing is that they’re quite a flexible meal, and the fact that they can be combined with a lot of other food options allows you to enjoy eating varied oatmeal day after day. It’s also great for toddlers!
This apple pie oatmeal recipe is a vegan breakfast that consists of healthy almond milk, diced apple, cinnamon, and almond butter for that extra sweetness.
- 42g oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Apple Baby food
- Almond butter
- 1/4 cup diced apple (adjust based on your preference)
- Get a bowl then mix the oats, 1/2 cup of almond milk, and egg whites. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
- After that, place it in a microwave and allow it to cook for around 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and allow it to cool for a minute.
- You can then add 1 cup of Apple Baby food. Make sure to stir thoroughly.
- Then, add the diced apple on top of the meal. Feel free to adjust the amount of apple you want to add to the meal. If you want less fruit, you can use 1/8 cup instead. Or if you want more fruit, simply use 1/2 cup or dice the entire apple fruit.
- Add 1 tablespoon of almond butter at the top. Afterward, sprinkle cinnamon for that extra taste.
- Once you’re done, you can now enjoy a healthy apple pie meal without any extra calories.
One of the major benefits of this oatmeal is that you can prepare it in just a few, easy-to-follow steps. Also, the steps involved aren’t that complicated either. You just need to mix a few ingredients in a bowl, cook for 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle the rest.
You can also enjoy it as overnight oatmeal by preparing it at night before going to bed. This way, you can have a quick and healthy meal upon waking up in the morning. As mentioned, it’s also a healthy recipe you can give your toddlers to provide them with the morning nutrition and energy they need.