A traditional waffle is made out of dough or leavened batter cooked between two hot plates that make its iconic criss-cross pattern. As yummy as that is already, this chai waffle recipe is a real game-changer. With a few simple ingredients found in the kitchen, this will make the long-time favorite comfort food more appealing. Here’s what you need to know on how to prepare and cook this recipe.
- 1/2 cup of Bob’s red mill Paleo mix
- 2 tbsps Indigo Wild Bev. Co. vegan chai latte mix
- 1 Flax egg
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms oat milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsps of water
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed
- Argania Honey almond butter
- Two pieces of ripe of Banana
- Hemp seed
- Maple syrup
- Prepare all your ingredients in one table.
- On several small bowls, measure all your dry ingredients according to the specifications above.
- Chop off two pieces of ripe Banana in thin slices.
- Prepare one flax egg by adding 1 tbsp of flaxseed with 2 tbsp of water into a container bowl and let it sit for 10 mins.
- Once the flax egg is ready, mix the 1/2 cup of Bob’s red mill Paleo mix with 2 tbsps Indigo Wild Bev. Co. vegan chai latte mix in a large bowl.
- Add in the flax egg and the 1/2 cup Califia Farms oat milk and the 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Mix all the ingredients until the consistency is smooth.
- Plug in the waffle marker to the outlet.
- Preheat the waffle maker and spray with cooking oil or brush lightly with butter.
- Pour in batter mixture prepared earlier into the heated waffle maker.
- Cook the waffle batter in the maker for around 5 minutes. You will know when it is ready when the sides are golden brown. Avoid opening the waffle maker prematurely as it will affect the outcome of the waffle. Some waffle makers have automated settings, and some don’t, so it is better to be vigilant to avoid burnt waffles.
- Remove the waffles from the waffle maker.
- Place into a plate.
- Spread a generous amount of Honey almond butter drizzle.
- Top with sliced Banana.
- Drizzle abundantly with maple syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cooking and preparing all these will take you more than 30 minutes. This is a perfect alleviated breakfast recipe you can do. Whether you are taking the time or in a rush, you can go for this without sacrificing the taste and comfort of the meal.