There is this saying: the remedy for a pancake is no other than another pancake. Indeed, this saying is brutally true. You can never have enough pancakes for a day, a week, a month, or even a lifetime, as they are so delicious and feel like a blast of flavors that explodes in your mouth. Pancakes are not only good for breakfast, but you can also have it during snacks, lunch, or even dinnertime.
Pancakes are so versatile that almost anything that is edible can be added into it like butter, maple syrup, chocolate syrup, strawberry jam, blueberry jam, honey, peanut butter, and so much more. Our take on the famous fluffy pancakes uses the organic flaxseed and oat flour for a more nutritious version. Here are the ingredients and directions for our healthier fluffy pancake.
- ¼ Cup of Birchbender’s Pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons full of Arrowheadmill’s Oat flour
- 2 tablespoons full of Brandlesslife Milled Flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon of Date Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup of water
- @arganiabutter Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter
- Prepare a large-sized bowl and place in the Birchbender’s Pancake Mix, Arrowheadmill’s Oat Flour, Brandlesslife Milled Flaxseed, Baking Powder and Baking Soda together.
- With a spatula, mix in all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, add in the water, vanilla extract, and date sugar. Mix it thoroughly.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients by using a spatula or a mixer. Make sure that you get all the powder that may be sticking in the side of the bowl.
- Brush a griddle or a non-stick skillet with butter and heat over on medium-low heat.
- Scoop the batter and place it carefully on the griddle or the non-stick skillet.
- Wait until the bottom side turns into a golden brown then flip it for 2 more minutes to have a perfectly cooked pancake.
- Brush on with the Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter. Next, add any edible ingredients you can think of like peanut butter, banana, chocolate chips, etc. (You can put it in layers if you like.)
- Enjoy your fluffy pancakes.
Our take on the famous fluffy pancakes is a healthier and more delicious version of the pancake, with the incorporation of flaxseed and oat flour which is a good source of fiber that aids in digestion. There are a lot of versions you can choose from as long as you keep the main ingredients that are essential in making a pancake. You can never go wrong with a fluffy and mouth-watering pancake. Go ahead and try it!