Jams certainly never get old, and they certainly are still one of the most delicious additions you can add on your pancakes or waffles or simply as a standalone snack. That said, if you want to grab a tablespoon of jam without having to visit the grocery every now and then, then why not make your own jam at home?
In this recipe, we’re going to share with you how to create a homemade mixed jam made of berries. But of course, as usual, this one’s not your typical berry jam. It comes with almond butter for that healthy source of protein and other essential nutrients. Apart from that, it’s also a sweet yet healthy alternative to the sugar-based berry jams you see on the market.
Without further ado, let’s get right into the recipe itself.
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 packet Splenda
- 1 tablespoon raspberry sugar-free gelatin
- Almond butter
- Get a mug or bowl then add the frozen berries and 1 packet of Splenda artificial sweetener.
- After that, place it in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Take out the mug/bowl then mash up the berries. You can add a tiny amount of water to make the process much easier. Make sure not to add too much.
- Put it back into the microwave for yet another minute.
- Take out, mash the mixture again, and add 1 tablespoon of the raspberry sugar-free gelatin. Mix thoroughly.
- Improve the consistency by again another small amount of water. Make sure to mix it thoroughly.
- Once done, allow it to cool inside the refrigerator for about an hour.
- You can now enjoy your very own homemade mixed berry jam! You can apply it to any snack you want alongside the almond butter for a healthy and nutritious meal.
The addition of the Splenda artificial sweetener allows you to enjoy a sugar-free alternative to most jams you find on the market. You can also use any type of berry. It could be strawberry, raspberry, blueberries, or blackberries. Regardless of the berry you choose, you can still be able to make this healthy and sweet jam.
You can add the jam into a low-carb bagel or pancake to enjoy a healthy and fulfilling snack. You can store it anytime on your fridge and simply use it every time you want to add a healthy spread on any snack you like!